Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Arena

So last night I hauled up to a covered arena to get away from the lovely Washington weather! I wasn't sure what to expect since I have only been on MissFire in a round pen. She was pretty wet from the rain so I rode Surprise first. She was a total snot and actually tried bucking. When I finished with her I saddle MissFire up and started doing ground work with her. She is going through all the steps pretty quick these days. She wasn't sure of the tarp tonight. She decided it was scary!

Once I finished my ground work I decided to hop on. She was solid like normal. We just walked around tonight but I used mostly the bit for turning and stopping. She was a champ! I am hoping to take her to the unit to ride her tonight. Hopefully shes good!

Here is the only picture that turned out tonight....

3 comments:

  1. Oh, is that the arena that I think it is? I miss that arena!!! :) Yay for solid mustangs and steering and brakes! Those are always good!

    I plan on doing some booty kicking with Midori tonight, possibly even Mister (maybe, if I don't wuss out), so I'll see ya at the arena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring him!! I will have a trailer full and Juliane was supposed to ride with me but now she isn't so I will be alone. See you there!!

    ReplyDelete