Friday, May 1, 2009

We Trot!

Yesterday was a great day! I feel really good about my progress with MissFire. I got off work and headed straight to Juliane's so we could have a Mustang play party. It was a great idea. I couldn't feel better about my day with MissFire. I was able to clean all four feet including her back feet. She wore front SMB's for the first time. She was great with both of these things. Next was saddling which went smoothly and then to the bridling. Well long story short (remember I can't touch her nose), with a little patience it was done.




Once at the round pen I grabbed a jug of rocks and played with them. MissFire was less than pleased with it. Whenever I would throw it next to her back left she would kick at it. Not firing or trying to kill. It just irritated her and it was more like shaking her foot at it. Next I tied it onto the saddle horn to drag it. That was fun. She didn't like it much but tolerated it. When I tied it shorted so it would bounce off her side she showed her displeasure. At one point she was kicking out (mad) with her left hind. Very comical! Sorry we couldn't get the camera out fast enough...The ball was funny too. She just really doesn't want to be bothered by it. She would let it bounce all over her but when it would bump her from the back she would kick out at it. Mostly light kicks but sometimes she would nail it too! What a brat, it was fear just plain attitude! When I climbed up on the rail to do exercises over her head she was pretty good. Not really sure about all the commotion above her head but got over it. I was throwing the tarp all over her, out in front of her, and behind her.



Next was getting on! I had been taking pictures of Juliane knowing I had to get on when she was done. I started getting nervous when I thought she was getting close to being done. When I finally got ready to get on she felt solid. There was no hesitation on my part at all. When I asked her to bend she did it easily to the right and decent to the left. I asked her to walk off and she was great. She felt solid in all ways. When I asked her to trot for the first time she was solid as well. A few times I let my nerves get the best of me and a couple strides into it I would pull her up. She was great! I had a great night! After the pics there is a video (thanks Juliane!!).

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! That first roll back is niiiice! And I love the first ask her to trot, pull back when she does, then laugh at yourself! lol That would so be me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like that?? You see me on like the third atempt talking to myself, "Stop being a chicken and let her trot!" Yes I have been laughing / kicking myself for that! She has a nice roll back to the left not so much the right. Give her time!

    ReplyDelete