Monday, April 20, 2009

All Clean!

Yesterday was so nice! I just love sunny weather! I went to the barn without a game plan. All I knew was I wanted to be outside and I wanted to play with the ponies. I decided I wanted to work on an obstacle course, so I set up a few obstacles in a little back pen I have. Next I went to the barn and turned out the other horses and went in to catch MissFire. I thought she needed a bath so we went to work on her first bath. She was great! She really loved the scrubbing in her mane. Here are some pictures of her after her bath.

While she was drying so we went out back and played with the obstacle course. She was really unsure about the tarps which drives me crazy. She has been worked with the tarps several times now but some day the light bulb will come on (I hope). She did the backing well and trotted around the cones. When I was leaving the obstacle course I decided to throw her in the trailer for a second. I then decided to leave her there for a bit to finish some hay in a hay bag. I then moved on to washing Surprise. When I was done I tied her to the trailer to dry. I was listening to MissFire lightly paw the trailer for a while then she got quiet. I was pleased until I walked around the corner to find this......


She was just hanging out. I never heard her panic and do anything stupid. The hay bag is pretty old with a ratty piece of twine holding it together. A little pressure would have snapped it so she must not of cared. I unclipped it and she let me pick up her foot and remove it. What a good girl!

2 comments:

  1. LOL That's hilarious! I'm surprised she just hung out and didn't panic at having her leg 'caught'! What a good girl for letting you help free her! :) She's sure coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so freaking adorable! I just love her!

    ReplyDelete