Friday, April 10, 2009

Progress?

That's what I ask myself everyday. The past few weeks have been challenging. MissFire has a very strong opinion about most things. I knew this coming into it from the first second I laid eyes on her. Some days I think I have made great progress and other days I feel like we don't progress at all. This has been one of those weeks. I worked quite a bit at home in the round pen. Going over all the basics checking for holes. Sometimes she decides I can't catch her or can't touch her. She just won't let her guard down. You can tell she wants me to work with her. She hangs her head over her stall door begging for me to come in. When I enter her stall she will hang out until I approach her then takes off to the paddock. Its so frustrating. Once caught she is alright to work with. I can brush her entire body, pick up her back feet, swing ropes around her, play with tarps, and go for walks. She loves her walks, she is so bold and not afraid of anything. I was able to get a couple more rides on her this week. She is still solid under saddle or bareback.

So I guess all in all she does make progress every day. In four short weeks I have made huge progress and am very happy with her. I would have never guessed that I would be on her back this early or completed as much as I have. She is a very smart mare that learns (good or bad) very quick!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing way better then I could with her! I'm getting to be a total chicken shit rider in my old age! lol I think you guys are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete