Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quiet Time..

So last night I had the vet out for routine check ups. I also wanted him to check MissFire's teeth. Well after a couple sedatives we still couldn't get to her mouth. He said he would try again in a couple weeks when he comes out to castrate the mini donkey (sorry Jr). So he spent some time playing with her. She was still super reactive and wasn't letting her guard down. Well after he left I took advantage of the situation and proceeded to "attack" her face. I rubbed and rubbed her nose, nostrils, inside her mouth, the works! Yes she was sedated but she was still super reactive. I did notice that she had some super sharp edges in there after he left once I was able to get my hands in there. She feels like her top jaw overhangs both sides of her bottom jaw. It felt like her teeth might cut me they were so sharp.



While she was in her sleepy state I took even more advantage and put a bridle on her! It was still a huge deal but she allowed me to put i ton and take it off several times. The faces she made were priceless! She couldn't figure out why this hunk of metal was in her mouth. I left it loose so she could hold it on her own.




By the time I was done with her she was clipped (bridle path and trimmed the outsides of her ears), bridled, and her nose and mouth were rubbed. So was it just because she was sedated? Today we will see... I did go back out several times last night and to keep reinforcing it. I was able to rub her nose still. She wasn't nearly as quiet but she is getting there. Oh and if you look in the pictures I was able to put a blanket on her. Back leg straps and all. She didn't mind at all!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Blankets and clippers and bridles and everything! WOHOO!!! Look at her go! Love the doped up ponies! hehehe Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete