Friday, March 20, 2009

New Adventure....


I decided to be brave yesterday and turn MissFire out in the arena with her friend Mufasa. They have spent a lot of time together in the barn and I thought they got along well. After MissFire established she was boss (yes that little thing kicked the snot out of him) they got along great!


So I loaded up yesterday and headed to the Tacoma Unit with the intentions of riding. To my surprise the High School Equestrian Teams had already moved in and taken over. With so many people and horses I decided not to take MissFire into the covered arenas. I did saddle up Skippy and pony her in the out door arena. It was so wet and thick we only walked around.

When we got bored with this we ventured out into the trees and went over logs and down a short trail. We then circled around and went past all the campers and people. The only thing she found sort of scary was the huge rock that was 1/2 her size. She wanted to hide behind Skippy when we passed it. I asked her to come forward and she faced it. When she finally passed the scary rock I thought she was going to kick it. She is funny like that. From the front she is all curious but from behind she wants to kick it.

Then we picked up my flag and went back to the out door arena and worked on flagging work. She was solid. She let me scratch and poke everywhere. Back legs, head, belly, flanks...everywhere. Then I worked on flagging her with the flag. She didn't care at all on the left side. She is still shy on her right side. When she would turn away from Skippy we would just follow. Shortly she stood and let me continue my work on the right side. She even let on of my friends pet her.

She loaded perfect into the trailer and stood quiet while I loaded the other horses. It was a short and sweet night but lots of new sites and noises. All the kids yelling and screaming. It was a perfect night for her!

1 comment:

  1. What a brave girl! She is doing amazing! I wish I could have brought Sangria out to the busy arena! That would have been great for her!

    ReplyDelete