Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy Night!

What a day! I was sitting in the house today working on the computer and I got a phone call from hubby who was out in the barn that he needed help. So I hopped up and went to see what was going on. Well it appears my "good" ponies decided they wanted into the arena with MissFire and tore the fence down. This means that the mares were out together and they do not get along. They think they need to get into serious kicking wars. I was able to catch Surprise and move her to the front field for the day.
When I was done with work I headed out to work with MissFire. I have addressed the desensitizing work on a very minimal level and wanted to work more aggressively on it. I couldn't find a tarp but I found this nylon sheet that made noise. Once she decided it wasn't going to eat her she settled down and let me play with her all over her including throwing it at her.

For cool down I decided to take a walk. I wasn't sure where we were headed but we started in the front field. She jumped right into the pond and started nibbling the grass along the edge and playing in the water. She loves water!!


Can I soak you?!?

We ended up out on the street. I let her graze a little and tried to find scary things. Nothing bothered her, not even the cars this time. What a good girl. Once in the barn I wanted to brush her down really good so I went to work. I wasn't sure how far I would get but she was so relaxed I decided to attempt the tail. Yay for MissFire and me because she didn't even want to kick me! And for those of you that are going to make comments about my tail (or lack of) save it! The bottom is mostly ripped out and the top is growing in. When it is finished growing it will be a very nice tail so ha!
Missfire is getting to be such a nice girl. She is so smart and loves to do anything new! Oh and I almost forgot, last night after drill when I went to unload her she backed out of the trailer first try! I don't know that I have ever had a young horse back out of the trailer first try. So smart!

Look at my pretty tail!!

And a braid!


1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a good girl! She sure is growing up quick! :) Good job on getting to her tail! All of these accomplishments are adding onto an already very strong foundation! :) I'll see you at the arena tonight!

    ReplyDelete