Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow.... Yuck!

Don't get me wrong, I like snow. I just don't like the amounts we get in Western Washington. We get just enough to be a pain but never enough to make it fun. I was surprised to find so much snow this morning. Its almost enough to play in but its soaking wet and melting fast. And of course its all melting into my barn aisle. Its really irritating having a nice barn then having the aisle under water. The stalls are dry but the run off from the arena goes right into the barn. Another summer project!

Well enough about this, MissFire is almost there. Yesterday it only took about 45 secs to catch and halter and today was less than 30 seconds. She is realizing its not all bad to be caught or more importantly that I won't hurt her nose. She let me groom her without a halter this morning including her legs. Yesterday morning before practice I hosed her legs down since they have been so muddy. To my surprise this was not eventful. She just stood tied in the corner of the barn and stood quietly. The most she did was pick up her foot to get away from the water which didn't work.

I am very pleased with her progress the past two weeks. I can't wait to be riding her but she isn't quite ready for that yet. It will come with time!

Here are a few pictures from the last couple days!




1 comment: