Friday, March 27, 2009

What To Do?

Wednesday I only had a little time after lessons so I went out and caught her for the first time without a halter on her. She was great to catch but then evaded the halter by turning her head away. Within a few minutes she was caught and brought into the barn. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. It was late and my husband was waiting impatiently to head into the house. So I handed the lead over to him and told him to have fun! This was MissFire's first male experience since I have had her. Hubby tries really hard to be quiet and soft but MissFire didn't think it was soft enough. She did finally allow him to touch her all over a hang out with her. After he was done I put tucked her in for the night.

I had drill practice last night Of course MissFire tagged along for it. She is getting good at tagging along. She is great for loading, great for hauling, great at tying next to other horses, just pretty great. She is getting better at "new" people touching her and playing with her. my biggest problem is that darn nose. She does not for any reason want me to touch it. The flag can touch it a whip can touch it, but if its my hand or the halter she throws a fit. I have spent the entire week working on it. I know that when she is ready she will allow it but it is so frustrating not being able to touch her nose or get a halter on her. I can walk up to her and love her, hug her, whatever, until I go to put the darn halter on her nose. Once caught her I brought her into the barn and found her new favorite brush. Its one of those round curry combs from Oster. The one with the many little and soft bristles. She loved it! Next was saddling, not her favorite but improving everyday. Still no blow ups since the very first time. Threw her into the trailer and off we went.

I had some of the girls from the drill team take her to pet her all over. She is so full of drama. I even had to switch halters so I could have pictures taken with the Cowgirl Spirit halter. She did it with little problems. Practice was cut short no drilling tonight. It did give me time to do ground work with MissFire. She was full of herself. Not out of control but just feisty!

No comments:

Post a Comment